Our Printing ….
We love print but we also love our planet – we not only do our best to ensure that our partners share our high standards but ensure that their partners do the same!
We chose the Newspaper Club to carry out our printing BECAUSE :
- All of their paper types are either 100% recycled or sourced from sustainably grown forests. They source all paper from responsibly managed forests and producers that have met a strict set of environmental and socially responsible standards.
- Newspaper Club digital press uses solvent-free toner manufactured with certified green energy, and Solar panels at their print warehouse generate over 100MWh of electricity per year producing enough power to print all their newspapers. Watch a video to see their traditional press in action.
- Newspaper Club digitally printed newspapers use toner made by Xeikon with 100% certified green energy and contained in fully recyclable containers. It is free from solvents and VOCs (volatile organic compounds), is odourless and food-approved. It is also de-inkable, meaning the newspaper can be completely recycled to create new newsprint.
- Newspaper Club traditionally printed newspapers use standard coldset web offset inks made by SunChemical. As there are no vegetable inks developed for newspaper presses these are oil-based inks. They are VOC free.
Certifications are used to ensure paper is produced from environmentally friendly sources. Our magazine is printed on 70gsm improved newsprint that comes with a higher quality feel and provides a longer lasting product made by Holmen from 100% virgin fibre (not recycled) EU Ecolabel*, FSC** and PEFC*** certified.
* EU Ecolabel is recognised across Europe, the EU Ecolabel is a label of environmental excellence that is awarded to products and services meeting high environmental standards throughout their life-cycle: from raw material extraction, to production, distribution and disposal.
** FSC (The Forest Stewardship Council is a global non-profit organisation that sets the standards for what is a responsibly managed forest)
*** PEFC (an international non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation that endorses national forest certification systems) certified.
We believe print can be a sustainable and responsible medium and we conduct our business with that goal in mind.
Our Clothing Range …
From the beginning, our mission has been to work with clothing producers to create high quality garments in the most responsible and ethical way. We therefore integrate sustainability into everything we do, making deliberate decisions about who we work with, how we work & what materials we use.
WE USE CORE GARMENTS TO PRODUCE CONTEMPORARY CLOTHING MADE WITH RESPECT FOR BOTH PEOPLE AND THE PLANET
Our brand is built on sustainability and is at the core of our ethos. We do our best to ensure that all clothing products we sell are either 100% organic cotton, or a blend of organic cotton and recycled polyester, and everything is high-quality.